FINAL GEAR / DRIVE SHAFT
Front fork and rear shock absorber adjustment
Front fork air pressure
1. Elevate the front wheel by placing the motorcycle on the center stand.
A. Fuel Petcock
If the fuel petcock is leaking or excessively contaminated, it should be removed from the fuel tank and inspected.
1. Remove the fuel tank and position it so that fuel will not spill when the petcock is removed.
2. Remove the petcock and inspect the filter screen. Replace the filter if seriously contaminated.
F. Steering Head Adjustment
The steering assembly should be checked periodically for looseness.
1. Raise the front end of the motorcycle so that there is no weight on the front wheel.
2. Grasp the bottom of the forks and gently rock the fork assembly backward and forward, checking for looseness in the steering assembly bearings.
Front fork oil change
1. Fork oil leakage can cause loss of stability and safe handling. Have any problem corrected before operating the motorcycle.
L. Lower Crankcase
1. Remove the dowel pin and "O-ring".
2. Remove the shift fork guide bar and shift forks. The shift forks are identified by numbers cast on their sides.
3. Remove the bolt securing the shift cam locating pin and remove the stopper plate and locating pin.
4. Remove the neutral switch.